Manual Back-Up Water Well Pumps

Well systems, rainwater harvesting, springs, filtering, storage, etc.
Hoss93WW
Manual Back-Up Water Well Pumps

Post by Hoss93WW » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 am

Does anyone have first-hand experience with manual system(s) to bypass non-functioning submersible pumps? I'm interested in buying the Simple Pump kit. The Bison system is VERY expensive.

Blackthorn-USA

Re: Manual Back-Up Water Well Pumps

Post by Blackthorn-USA » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Of the two choices I would go with (and probably will) the Simple Pump. Better reviews and seems like a simple bulletproof build. While I don't have first hand experience with either of these brands I have installed and maintained many submersible pumps and rural water systems on wells. I have installed old fashioned style (what you'd typically see on a farm) hand pumps stand alone, connected to windmills and even in casings along with submersibles.

Two things I might suggest, you may be able to find an old hand pump and cylinder at farm auctions. Pumps generally wear out very slowly so finding useable ones isn't to hard especially here in KS. Cylinders can be rebuilt with new leathers and honed back to new condition. This may get you results for less money depending on owner involvement.

The second thing you might want to look into is solar pumps. They have come along way in quality and dependabilty in the last few years and price keeps getting lower. These can replace your submersible and still allow you to cut your electric tie.

If you have any specific questions I'll try to help :)
Image ..... Image

Gleedaniel13

Re: Manual Back-Up Water Well Pumps

Post by Gleedaniel13 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 am

Does anyone have first-hand experience with manual system(s) to bypass non-functioning submersible pumps? I'm interested in buying the Simple Pump kit. The Bison system is VERY expensive.
I agree with this. Bison system is very expensive for now