CBs

HAM, Shortwave, GMRS, FRS, CB, Field Phones, Morse Code, Smoke Signals, whatever
peacefrog
CBs

Post by peacefrog » Wed May 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Been horden a few CBs and a base station figure they might be handy for keep in touch with the family and neighbors. I got a solar battier charger I use to aireate my bait tank and figured would try it one of theses days with the old CD.

MrFleman

Re: CBs

Post by MrFleman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm not very familiar with CB systems. I have a practically new one I acquired from a friend, but I haven't set it up. What kind of range can one expect? Is that dependent on numerous factors? What groups use CBs in today? I know the stereotypes of truckers. Is that true? Do others use them?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I will likely google these as well, but I always like to hear other feedback.

Trekker Outdoors

Re: CBs

Post by Trekker Outdoors » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:50 am

Other than truckers, off-roaders use CB radios to communicate because of their increased range over FRS/GMRS. You can even get some decent range out of a handheld unit that is connected to the vehicle power and a magnetic base mount antenna. The key with CB's is you need to tune the antenna for the transmitter with a SWR meter.